Pleasantly surprised by pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

OK so I'm just going to say it...I'm not a huge pumpkin fan. I like it fine, it doesn't bother me, but its not my favourite. ...


OK so I'm just going to say it...I'm not a huge pumpkin fan. I like it fine, it doesn't bother me, but its not my favourite. I imagine I've just lost all my followers. Sigh. For those of you who haven't slammed your laptop shut in rage, its growing on me. I bought a can last week and tried to bake with it but was...dissatisfied. But so many posts on Instagram and Pinterest  are celebrating pumpkin that I had to give it another go. Lucky I did because these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are not only light and healthy, but also totally delicious. You need to make these. Even you pumpkin skeptics need to.

Chickpeas, buckwheat flour, pumpkin puree... Sounds more like a vegan burger than cookies but trust me these are great! And did I mention easy to make? Blitz in a food processor and you're nearly in business.

These cookies are a lighter and softer version of my recently posted chocolate chip cookies. They are very different flavour and texture wise. The pumpkin in these make this recipe scream Fall, and the soft cake like texture screams cosy comfort. Healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast, these grain free, high fibre, protein rich cookies will hit the spot anytime. Use vegan chocolate chips to make this recipe totally vegan.

Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup stoneground buckwheat flour
  • 2 cups cooked chickpeas
  • Pinch salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 4-5 tbsp maple syrup
  • 3-4 tsps virgin coconut oil
  • Many drops of liquid stevia
  • 1/4-1/3 (or more) cup mini chocolate chips or chunks

In a food processor, blend all ingredients except chocolate chips until very smooth. Taste. Add as much stevia as you want, blending, until you achieve your desired sweetness (the batter should be as sweet as you want your cookies to be).

Once satisfied with the level of sweetness, add your chocolate and pulse to distribute the chocolate chips through the batter evenly. 

Using either a teaspoon or tablespoon, scoop the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet in spoon sized blobs, well spaced out in rows on the tray. I used two trays. Bake in oven preheated to 350F until golden brown on the edges. Remove and cool slightly before eating.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.