My Perfected Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse

  There are no words for how amazingly delicious this avocado chocolate mousse is. I have made this dessert for years and this is ...


There are no words for how amazingly delicious this avocado chocolate mousse is. I have made this dessert for years and this is the first time I can say I'm really proud of this version. For years I made the mistake of using bananas or only avocado in my raw chocolate mousse. I was consistently disappointed by the results. They were always too banana-y or too avocado-y. I have finally found the solution: pears.

Why it took me so long to throw pears in my raw chocolate mousse is beyond me. They are sinfully sweet, velvety smooth when blended and totally affordable. Not to mention avocados are known as alligator pears! It seems like a no-brainer in hindsight. 



Today's recipe is a new favourite and is so so good for you. I had it for brunch in fact! Oh, and it's ridiculously easy. Like "chop, blend, eat" easy. So really what's not to love about that! This recipe will nourish your body with vitamins, minerals, good fat, protein and fiber! If you are a woman, avocados and pears are two of your best friends as they are amazing foods for regulating your hormones and digestion -- not to mention flattening your stomach! Using stevia in this recipe is something I highly recommend as avocado mousse needs a lot of added sweetness to veil the underlying avocado flavour. If you are anti-stevia because of it's super saccharin flavour, take a tip from me as I used to feel the same way -- mix it with a touch of a real sweetener (maple syrup, agave, honey) and the alcohol-y taste will be well concealed in pretty much any dessert. I rarely use stevia solo as the flavour can be off putting but use it regularly in concert with liquid sweeteners to lower the amount of sugar in my baking. 

This is a great recipe for date night. It's indulgent, rich and creamy without any of the decadence that ordinarily saps your energy and upsets your stomach. It also doesn't hurt that pears and avocados are aphrodisiacs! This recipe is also a good one for kids and picky eaters. There is so much goodness hidden in here but it tastes like really delicious chocolate mousse or pudding. If you're single and don't have other mouths to feed, congratulations, you've got three or four servings of this mousse just for you!

I hope you give this one a try!


My Perfected Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse:
  • 1.5-2 very large ripe avocados
  • 1 very large ripe red pear
  • 1/2 cup coconut water
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4-5 taps maple syrup
  • 2 big pinches pink salt
  • Liquid stevia
  • 3-4 tbsp raw cacao powder
  • 1.5 tsps vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp raw vanilla bean powder
Add all ingredients except stevia to a high speed blender. Blend until totally smooth and creamy, stopping to stir by hand to ensure everything gets blended as this mousse is quite thick. Taste! Add stevia to sweeten the mousse to your preferred level of sweetness, blending it in thoroughly. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to serve. Stir through if refrigerating before serving.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.