Protein coming out of my ears!

Ok, first off a HUGE apology to anyone who subscribes to my blog and actually looks forward to my posts. I have been so beyond MIA this...


Ok, first off a HUGE apology to anyone who subscribes to my blog and actually looks forward to my posts. I have been so beyond MIA this last few months. But I have a legitimate excuse! I have not been myself, in fact I have been really out of it. I have had a huge relapse in my anxiety and stress levels as I transition to the life of a freelancer. Uncertainty is the culprit. From day to day it's hard to know my schedule, client roster, income. It's been a rollercoaster! But I'm happy to report that both my work and my mental health are starting to find an even keel. I have more stable clients, I'm getting new business all the time without seeking it out and I have embraced yoga and meditation! Yoga has been totally changing my response to uncertainty. Rather than hyperventilate, I'm opting to breathe deeply, and twist my way to relaxation. I haven't felt this good in years!

Another main reason I have been so out of the picture is that I'm in the final stretch of my new ebook! It will be released for sale in a week or two and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's not a 'here's my top ten recipes' kind of ebook at all. The recipes are brand new and some of my best healthy baking and cooking experiments ever! They're all gluten-free, vegan friendly, nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free and totally delicious. Don't miss this book!

Since wrapping up the recipe development period of my book writing I have been embracing a diet that's relatively sugar-free --  healthy or not, making the book had me eating sweets more often than I care to normally and my body needed a break! The sweet recipes in the book are far healthier than what you'd find in  a bakery or restaurant but they're still dessert and I prefer to keep my normal intake of them to once or twice a week. But during the development stage I was making recipes nearly every day! Once I was done with recipe testing I embraced green smoothies, vegan protein powder, and stevia whole heartedly, trying to restore a sense of calm in my body. I have been making new recipes using these ingredients and sharing them on instagram -- have you followed me? Get on it!




Today's recipe uses vegan protein powder and stevia and is absolutely delicious. I proudly present my first successful protein pancake recipe! I hope that you enjoy these Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes with High Protein Chocolate Sauce!


Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes
  • ½ cup sliced banana
  • 1 tbsp brown rice flour
  • 1 tbsp millet flour
  • 2-3 tbsp stevia sweetened vanilla rice protein powder
  • 1 tbsp unflavoured protein powder or more vanilla powder
  • 1 tbsp pure cacao or cocoa powder
  • stevia to taste
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp pear sauce or apple sauce (unsweetened)
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp vinegar
  • ⅓-½ cup water
  • tiny pinch sea salt
    1/2-1 tsp evoo or oil of your choice
  • 4-5 banana slices, optional
Mash the banana, salt and flours and protein powders together with a fork until smooth. Add the cocoa and mash. Add the water and mix well. Add the oil, baking soda and vinegar and mix well. Add the pear sauce and mix well. Taste! Add stevia if not sweet enough.
Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Once warm, spoon silver dollar sized blobs of the pancake batter into the pan (my batter made 4), spaced out well. Top each with a banana slice. Once puffed and the edges seem tight, flip with a spatula and cook through on opposite side. Remove and stack. Top with Chocolate Protein Syrup or maple syrup.


Chocolate Protein Syrup
  • 1 tsp cacao or cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla rice protein powder
  • 1 tsp pear or apple butter, unsweetened
  • 1-2 tbsp water
  • stevia to taste
Add all ingredients to a small bowl or glass. Stir together until smooth. Taste! Add
stevia if not sweet enough. Use as a sauce for pancakes.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.