GF Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes and My E-book

Mmm...healthy dark chocolate cupcakes. And they're gluten-free and vegan too! This recipe was developed for my upcoming ebook (avail...


Mmm...healthy dark chocolate cupcakes. And they're gluten-free and vegan too! This recipe was developed for my upcoming ebook (available in April). It was delicious but didn't quite make the cut for the new book so I'm glad to be able to share it with you today! These healthy cupcakes get their amazing texture and depth of flavor from golden sweet potatoes and whole grain gluten-free flour (most flours will work).


So, yay!!! If you haven't heard, Baking Backwards will release an e-book for sale next month! Recipes are primarily e-book exclusive (ie. brand spanking new!). I am currently sharing unedited pics of a little of my recipe development on instagram. Have you followed me there yet? Get on it! A few modest unedited recipe development pics are also up on a special pinterest board! These are nowhere near the quality of my edited book images!!!

Let's see what I mean by that:


Big difference, eh? In short, my finished ebook photos are far superior to my instagram recipe development snaps so if food photos get your motor running, watch out for this ebook! And the best part is, if you like what you see I chose a publisher that can print the book to order! So the choice is yours whether you want an ebook or a hardcover! I'm going for hardcover!

Looking for the recipes that go with the new instagram pics? You'll have to order the ebook (don't worry, it will be super affordable!) next month to snag them, but I promise I'm putting all my energy,  heart and soul into this book so you won't be disappointed! These are by far my healthiest and most delicious recipes ever guys and I'm saving them just for you!

As I mentioned above, today's recipe is one off the new recipes I've been developing that didn't make the cut for my ebook. It is so delicious though that I had to share. It got beat out of the running by another cupcake recipe that's too delicious for words. I hope you choose to make these cupcakes asap so you know how high my bar was set for my new book!

Xo

Danielle


Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
(gluten-free,vegan, whole grain)
Part 1:
  • Just under 3 cups golden sweet potato (peeled and chopped and steamed until tender)
  • Pinch salt

Add potatoes and salt to food processor and blend well.

Part 2:
  • 3-4 tbsp virgin coconut oil
  • 4 tbsp maple
  • 3 tbsp pear or apple sauce
  • 1 tbsp pear or apple butter
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 6-7 tbsp cream from can full fat coconut milk

Add and  blend well until smooth.

Part 3:
  • 1 2/3 cup coconut water
  • 1 tbsp oil of choice ( I use evoo)

Add and blend well

Part 4:
  • 1/3 -1/2 cup raw cacao powder
  • 1/3 cup dark coconut sugar

Add and blend well.

Part 5:
  • 2 tbsp chia
  • 1.5 tbsp milled flax
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vinegar

Add and blend well.

Part 6:
  • 3/4-1 cup whole grain gluten-free flour or gluten-free all-purpose blend (I used millet flour but I think they would taste better with brown rice flour or quinoa flour)

Add and blend in well.

Part 7:
  • 1/4-1/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (optional)
Mix in by hand. Spoon batter into muffin liner lined muffin pan. Bake in oven preheated to 350F until semi firm to touch. Remove and cool fully. Make ganache frosting while they cool.


Chocolate Ganache Frosting
(gluten-free, vegan)
Part 1:
  • 4-5 tbsp coconut cream
  • Pinch salt

Melt together in pot over medium heat.

Part 2:
  • 1 tbsp maple
  • 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar

Whisk in until smooth. Remove from heat.

Part 3:
  • 1.5 tbsp cacao paste or 2 tbsp raw cacao powder

Whisk in until smooth. Dollop on cooled cupcakes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.