Exotic Detox Smoothie Bowl

I have a big problem with fad diets. For starters, most of them limit flavour. Whether its annihilating salt, or just minimizing seasonin...


I have a big problem with fad diets. For starters, most of them limit flavour. Whether its annihilating salt, or just minimizing seasoning all together, the result is bland and boring food that you will grow tired of. For me this is why most diets are not sustainable and can do more damage than good in the long run. Those boring grey meals just leave you unsatisfied and fantasizing about cake. I think of January as a month of anxious resolutions and detoxification attempts. Its all about resetting the body for a fresh start in the New Year. An attempt to cleanse the body of the mistakes of holidays past. I have an issue with this too. Why not just incorporate more healthy foods into the whole year? You wouldn't fuel your car with bad oil and then expect it to run like a dream on one month of primo diesel. Your body's not much different. It needs constant care to perform optimally. 

I don't do diets. I've never followed someone else's plan and made special weight loss recipes. That being said, I have undergone a dramatic body, mind and health transformation. I went from pudgy in highschool (not working out much, overindulging in unhealthy food) to lean and muscular by eating healthy food often and exercising regularly. There's no secret, that's just how it works. I took it too far at one time, over-exercising and undereating to a point where I became anorexic, but I've long since restored my body to a healthy weight and changed my way of thinking. Everything in moderation, listen to your body and enjoy what life has to offer is how I live now. If my body expresses intolerance to a food, I avoid it. If I want some chocolate, I eat it. If I'm full, I don't choke down more food. I try as best as I can to eat intuitively. What I have learned with time is that your body knows best. It knows better than that chick on instagram you worship. It knows what it needs and when, so listen!

Listening to your body aside, in the beginning when starting out on a healthy lifestyle, its nice to get some suggestions from those already on a healthy path. My biggest tip is to eat lots of fruit and fresh vegetables. They are so good for you and the more often you eat them the more you will find you need them in your life...all day, every day. 


Today's recipe is for a simple, healthy breakfast that is full of exotic flavours and is anything but boring diet food. This Mango Chili Lime Maple Detox Smoothie Bowl is full of vitamins and minerals and alkalizing ingredients. To me alkalinity is synonymous with health and wellness. When the body is too acidic, it becomes vulnerable to disease. Enjoying alkalizing foods regularly can help bring your body to a more alkaline state and help prevent illness. I try to make alkalizing foods the bulk of my diet to stay well all year long. 


This smoothie bowl can be enjoyed any day, any time. It reminds me a little of lemon or lime curd but it is totally vegan, fat free and refined sugar free. The flavours of the mango, lime juice, pink salt, chili, and maple compliment each other beautifully, creating a thoroughly addictive harmony of flavours. Though it tastes indulgent, this smoothie bowl is genuinely very good for you and is a totally guilt free treat. Enjoy it for breakfast or a light late night dessert.

Mango Chili Lime Maple Detox Smoothie Bowl:
  • 1 ripe tommy or hayden mango, peeled and cut into small pieces
  • 1-1 1/2 frozen bananas, peeled and sliced
  • dash chili powder
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • juice of 1 lime
  • pinch pink salt
Blend the mango and frozen banana, and half the lime juice together until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Drizzle with remaining lime juice and dust with the chili powder. Top with a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.