Nearly raw rad vegan chocolate milkshake for veganMOFO

I should probably start by explaining that one of my favorite food memories is of real thick chocolate milkshakes. I'm talking diner ...


I should probably start by explaining that one of my favorite food memories is of real thick chocolate milkshakes. I'm talking diner style, almost too thick for your straw. That being said, I firmly believe those 'real' shakes are full of crap and do no good for anybody. Including my ten year old asthmatic self who would nearly choke on them. Every. Damn. Time. None the less, they continue to hold a place in my heart.

Today's shake is part of my vegan ice cream challenge that I have assigned myself for this year's Vegan MOFO. Its secretly a vegan green smoothie, and not so secretly amazeballs. Hope you give it a go if you're craving a chocolate shake but aren't digging guilt and remorse. Hooray for food imposters!

Rad Chocolate Shake:


  • 2/3 cup or more frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup or more frozen raspberries
  • 1-2 cups water
  • Handful of ice
  • 1-2 tbsp raw cacao power
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened pear or apple butter
  • 1 cup baby spinach
  • Liquid stevia to taste 


Blend everything together except ice. Taste. If not sweet enough add more stevia, if not chocolatey enough add more cacao. Taste and if satisfied add ice and bkebd until smooth and thick. Enjoy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.