Raw Vegan Single-Serving Cinnamon Roll9:00 AM
Ok wow. So I should start by saying this recipe makes me so happy. Just knowing a single-serving ...
Ok wow. So I should start by saying this recipe makes me so happy. Just knowing a single-serving healthy cinnamon roll is only a few ingredients and a couple minutes away is just the stuff joy is made of. Am I right?!
This recipe is super minimalist in terms of ingredients, equipment and technique. A child could make this recipe. In fact please make this with your child this weekend if you have one!
Let's look at the ingredients for my raw vegan cinnamon roll, shall we?
- coconut date rolls (ingredients: dates, coconut)
No, I'm not kidding. These cinnamon roll are made with less than five all natural and gluten-free ingredients! These raw vegan cinnamon rolls are grain-free, vegan, gluten-free, paleo, nut-free, soy-free and vegan!
Now let's look at the vanilla glaze ingredients shall we?
- vegan coconut milk powder (ingredients: dehydrated coconut milk, chicory)
- coconut water
- maple or raw honey or agave or coconut nectar
- vanilla bean extract or powder
- a plate
- a knife
- a bowl
- a spoon
- your hands
Raw Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 tbsp vegan coconut milk powder
- 1.5 tsp coconut water (or more if you like)
- a couple drops liquid stevia
- a little vanilla bean extract or powder
- 1 tsp maple or raw honey or agave or coconut nectar
To make 1 Cinnamon Roll:
- 2 coconut date rolls (I use the ones from Natural Delights, using date rolls stored at room temperature is best)
- 1 large room temperature medjool date
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more)
Slice each date roll in half lengthwise. You should now have four pieces of date rolls. Press them together at the ends to make a longer roll. Flatten out the roll with your hands to make a long flat yet thick rectangle.
Slice your date into four thin pieces. Arrange these on top of the rectangle and press gently together. Slowly roll up the log, gently pinching as you roll it into a cinnamon roll shape. Flatten the top slightly so it is level. Drizzle with glaze or pour glaze over the top and enjoy.
These cinnamon rolls can be warmed in a steamer for a minute. They become warm and goey. To warm them up, make your roll(s) then place them in a steamer over simmering water for a minute or a little less. Remove, glaze and enjoy!