pb mousse jars with chocolate shell

These jars take dessert a little too far...I admit I wasn't totally prepared for the party in my mouth. Velvety peanut but...













These jars take dessert a little too far...I admit I wasn't totally prepared for the party in my mouth. Velvety peanut butter mousse? Check! Intensely delicious dark (but not bitter) chocolate shell? Check!

This dessert is impressive enough to serve for a date night or dinner party but is so simple you may not believe me. All you need is a few ingredients, a few minutes of your time, an electric mixer, a stovetop and a freezer. Excellent.


Peanut butter and I have a seemingly unending love affair. The kind that stops and starts over the course of years. On one month, off the next. Stray as I may, I always come back to it.

If you are allergic to peanuts, don't fret, you can easily replace the peanut butter my recipe calls for with your favourite seed or alternative nut butter (I have had great success using pumpkinseed butter in this recipe and I imagine this would be excellent made with almond butter as well). The velvety and nutty mousse is so delicious on its own that you may not even bother completing this recipe with the chocolate layer and just eat it straight up with a spoon (or more likely your finger, I won't judge).



Try to stop yourself from polishing off all the peanut butter mousse long enough to spoon in into little mason jars and top it with my homemade chocolate shell. It takes the mousse from really good to really great and it only takes a few minutes to prepare and set in the freezer.

I have always thought of Reese's peanut butter cups whenever I think of the combination of champions -- chocolate and peanut butter. A classic kid's treat. These beautiful and silky pots of bliss are definitely the adult version and worth every easy minute. Also they just happen to be gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar free, can be made peanut and tree nut free, and easy...so nothing should stand in your way!


PB Mousse Layer
(vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, grain-free)
Makes enough pb mousse to fill 2 little mason jars ⅔ full
Part I
  • 6-7 tsp coconut milk powder
  • 3 tbsp coconut water


Part II
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • dash coarse sea salt
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp coconut water


Part III
  • 2.5 tbsp organic peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup coconut water


Part IV
  • 3/4-1 tbsp pb


Part V
  • coconut water (as much as you want to achieve your preferred consistency)
Mix together Part I ingredients until smooth in a bowl by hand. Grab an electric mixer and beat the coconut milk.
Add Part II ingredients to beaten coconut mixture and beat until slightly frothy.
Add the peanut butter and beat until it forms a thick paste. Add the coconut water and beat to incorporate. The mixture should look caramel colored and milky.
Add and beat in Part IV until the mixture is thick like icing.
For Part V, I added 4 tbsp coconut water and beat the mixture on high to incorporate it until I achieved the texture I wanted (somewhere between mousse and icing).
Once you achieve the texture you want, spoon into mini mason jars and chill in the freezer until ready to frost with chocolate.


Chocolate Shell 
(vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free)
Part I
  • 1/4 cup cacao paste
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil (solid)
  • 1 tsp size hunk cacao butter


Part II
  • 3 tbsp Maple syrup
  • sea salt
  • 3/4 tsp coconut sugar
Melt Part I ingredients together over low heat in a pot, stirring often with a whisk. add the next set of ingredients.
Once fully melted, whisk in the sugar and salt from Part II. Remove pot from the heat and whisk in the maple syrup until shiny and smooth. Spoon a teaspoon of it on top of each peanut butter mousse jar (that have been chilling in the freezer). The leftovers can be poured onto a parchment lined pan or flat plate  and frozen to make a small chocolate bar.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.