Liebster Award1:04 PM
YAY! I got a Liebster! What's that you ask? Well, it's an award for new bloggers p...
I got a Liebster!
I got a Liebster!
What's that you ask? Well, it's an award for new bloggers presented by fellow bloggers! I was awarded this lovely prize by Suzanne from HELLO VEGGY.
Check out her awesome blog dedicated to vegan food and fun times. Before being awarded this honor by Suzanne, I was already a follower of her blog, so this nomination means a lot to me!
The Liebster is a somewhat intricate award. There are RULES to abide by -- which for me is always hard as I generally subscribe to the idea that nothing is set in stone. Rules are more like suggestions -- which I may entirely disregard (especially when it comes to baking!).
Here are the suggestions/rules of the day:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Because I'm so truly honored I will actually
abide by all of these...
So, without further ado:
11 random facts about myself:
1) I am obsessed with taking long walks, alone. I will meander for hours on end and have a very hard time sitting still at home.
2) I am mildly allergic to avocados. That's why you never see them on this blog! Sad but true since they are stupidly delicious and I know it.
3) My revamped healthy diet helped me dodge cancer. A long and complicated story.
4) I play the drums, but not a drum kit.
5) I almost never drink alcohol. And I get drunk really easily when I do, just ask my husband.
6) I had a mild ice cream addiction for most of my life.
7) I am presently following a nearly vegan diet (I still consume raw honey, a controversial ingredient in the vegan community).
8) Small amounts of caffeine give me the shakes.
9) My husband is my best friend.
10) I suffer from resting bitch face syndrome, click here to learn more.
11) I once ate bread every day and now maybe consume a piece every 6 months. Seriously, I used to bring bread to restaurants if I didn't think it would be offered to me.
And now Suzanne's 11 questions...
1. What famous figure do you relate to or resemble most and why?
I have been told I look like a lot of different celebrities, most frequently in this order: Keira Knightley, Angelina Jolie, Emmy Rossum, and Natalie Portman. I would guess that Emmy Rossum or Natalie Portman are the closest.
2. If you got to plan your ultimate meal, what would it include?
I would like to try the best food on the planet but still don't know what that is. Some favorites so far include: yakisoba, bibimbap, baingan bharta (eggplant curry) and curried okra. For dessert I am a sucker for fresh baked apple pie a la mode. I love anything with a creamy sauce. And chocolate tugs at my heartstrings, and often my change purse.
3. Do you believe in ghosts or the supernatural?
Yes. My office happens to be located in an old mansion and a lot of folks round these parts think its haunted.
4. What is your favourite way to spend a weekend?
With my husband, on a road trip. We listen to music and stare out at the beautiful places we are going to explore. OR at home, creating recipes for this blog!
5. If you had a chance to cook for a famous chef/foodie, what recipes from your blog would be on the menu?
I would start with my asian rainbowl and finish with some tiny desserts: my zucchini mini molten cakes, my whiskey peach crumble jars and my gluten-free Wonder(ful) Bread recipe (coming soon). And I would send them home with one of my chocolate chip super muffins.
6. What song can you not get out of your head?
Challengers by the New Pornographers.
7. If you could travel any one place in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Santorini or Meteora -- both are in Greece. If either wasn't an option, than Egypt. Strange that I pick two countries currently in social upheaval.
8. What is the most frightening thing you have ever done?
Scaled a waterfall without any gear after taking a wrong turn on a crazy hike in Iceland.
9. What is your favourite smartphone app?
I would need a smartphone to answer that!
10. What is your most beloved ingredient to cook with?
These days I have three -- raw honey, raw cacao butter, and Danielle's vegan butter 2.0.
11. Crosswords, sodoku, or word search?
CROSSWORDS for life.
And now, drum-roll please, my NOMINEES for the Liebster Award 2013 should they choose to accept:
1. Top With Cinnamon
2. Hello Veggy
3. Vegan Miam
4. Katys Kitchen
5) Vegan Richa
Here are my 11 questions for my Nominees:
1) Why did you create your food blog?
2) What has been your most successful post this year.
3) What inspires your cooking?
4) What do you see in your blogging future?
5) Do you ever want to give up your blog?
6) What is your favorite go-to meal?
7) Name one favorite dessert you want to see made healthier?
8) What food are you most curious to taste right now?
9) What do you cook when you are home alone?
10) Who taught you how to cook?
11) What is your favorite food blog (big or small)?
Check back here soon for a new recipe.
Hint...if you like chocolate, you are in for a treat.